Below are the most common reasons for a Raspberry Pi 3/3B+ not to work as expected:
- Operating System (OS) - Only the latest OS release will work on the new Raspberry Pi 3. You can either grab a pre-installed MicroSD card from our store or download it from the Raspberry Pi website
- Power Supply (PSU) - The new Raspberry Pi 3 uses more power than previous models - it is recommended to try to switch out the power supply if you can.
- Re-seat your SD card: If your SD card isn't quite pushed in properly, the Raspberry Pi may show some lights but it won't be working properly. Remove power, take the SD card out, push it back in and try again.
- SD Card quality - Unfortunately cheap and 'No name' SD cards are a false economy. The Raspberry Pi forums show many posts with troubled users having issues with their poor quality SD cards.
- Check the Indication LEDs - the Raspberry Pi indication LEDs can tell you a lot about what is happening with your Raspberry Pi. To start off with, you should see a solid red LED and a flickering green LED when the SD card is seated properly.
Please reach out if you have further issues or questions.